Applies To:Show Versions
Common Elements for event logs in Access Policy Manager
- On the Main tab, click.A log settings table screen opens.
- Select a log setting and clickEdit.Alternatively, you can create a new log setting.A popup screen opens with General Information selected in the left pane.
- ClickCreate.A popup screen opens with General Information selected in the left pane.
- In theNamefield, type a name.
- From theLog Publisherlist, select the log publisher of your choice.A log publisher specifies one or more logging destinations.The BIG-IP system is not a logging server and has limited capacity for storing, archiving, and analyzing logs. For this reason a dedicated logging server is recommended.
- Select the check box for the log setting that you want to update and clickEdit.A popup screen opens.
- To configure settings for access system logging, selectAccess System Logsfrom the left pane.Access System Logs settings display in the right panel.
- For access system logging, retain the default minimum log level,Notice, for each option.You can change the minimum log level, butNoticeis recommended.Access PolicyEvents that occur while an access policy runs.Per-Request PolicyEvents that occur while a per-request policy runs.ACLEvents that occur while applying APM access control lists.SSOEvents that occur during single-sign on.Secure Web GatewayEvents that occur during URL categorization on a BIG-IP system with an SWG subscription.ECAEvents that occur during NTLM authentication for Microsoft Exchange clients.OAuthEvents that occur while APM, as an OAuth authorization server, processes requests.PingAccess ProfileEvents related to PingAccess authentication.For PingAccess authentication, only the log levels defined in default-log-settings apply.VDIEvents related to connections to virtual desktop resources.Endpoint Management SystemEvents related to connections to an endpoint management system.
- ClickOK.The popup screen closes. The table displays.
- On the Main tab, click.The Reports Browser displays in the right pane. The Report Parameters popup screen opens and displays a description of the current default report and default time settings.
- Selectdefault-log-settingand clickEdit.A popup screen opens.
- Setting the log level toDebugcan adversely impact system performance.The default log level isNotice. At this level, logging occurs for messages of severity Notice and for messages at all incrementally greater levels of severity.