Manual Chapter : VMware Horizon View Requirements for APM Integration
Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.0.1, 15.0.0, 14.1.5, 14.1.4, 14.1.3, 14.1.2, 14.1.0
VMware Horizon View Requirements for APM Integration
About VMware Horizon View server required settings
To integrate Access Policy Manager (APM) with VMware Horizon View, you must meet specific configuration requirements for VMware, as described here.
- PCoIP Secure Gateway disabled
- Ensure that PCoIP Secure Gateway is disabled on the VMware Horizon View server.
- Secure Tunnel enabled
- To be able to use USB redirection or client drive redirection with a remote desktop, ensure that Secure Tunnel is enabled on the VMware Horizon View server.
- Blast Secure Gateway disabled
- Ensure that Blast Secure Gateway is disabled on the VMware Horizon View server.
- Advanced authentication disabled
- Ensure that RSA authentication and other advanced authentication types are disabled on the VMware Horizon View server.
- Display a pre-login message disabled
- Disable theDisplay a pre-login messagesetting on the VMware Horizon View server. This prevents View Connection Server from displaying another login prompt in addition to the APM logon page. Also, if the setting is enabled, remote desktop connections fail to render on the APM webtop for VMWare View.
About VMware Horizon View server settings and SSL offloading
If you want to use Access Policy Manager (APM) to offload SSL from VMware Horizon View servers, you must configure your VMware Horizon View servers for SSL offloading. For more information, refer to the administration guide for your VMware Horizon View server and search for Off-load SSL Connections.
When configured to provide single sign-on to VMware Identity Manager, APM does not support SSL offloading; APM does, however, support SSL bridging in this case.