Manual Chapter : Configuring PEM Sessions
Applies To:Show Versions
- 14.1.5, 14.1.4, 14.1.3, 14.1.2, 14.1.0
Configuring PEM Sessions
Overview: Configuring PEM Sessions
In the BIG-IP® system, the Policy Enforcement Manager™ (PEM™) provides a greater level of manageability for subscriber sessions and flexibility.
- Session creation
- The PEM profile controls creation of sessions for traffic originated on Internet side.
- Flow termination
- The PEM global option controls flow termination on session delete.
- TCL scripts support
- The PEM TCL filter supports the multiple line TCL scripts and variables.
Creating sessions from server side
You can drop unknown traffic from server side by disabling unknown subscriber session creation for a PEM profile, or enable it so that a session can be created from the server side.
- On the Main tab, click.The Subscriber Management screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Subscriber Management Profile screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the subscriber management profile.
- At the right of theSession Creation From Server Sidesetting, select theCustomcheck box, and then selectDisabledfrom the list so that the session is not created for the server side IP. The deafault value isEnabled.
- From theDrop Unknown Traffic From Server Sideoption, selectEnabledto drop unknown traffic from server side. The default value isDisabled.
- ClickFinished.The system creates a session based on server side IP when the server side traffic comes.
- On the Main tab, click.The Virtual Servers List screen opens.
- Select a virtual server you have already created.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the virtual server.
- ForConfiguration, selectAdvanced.
- Scroll down to theSubscriber Management Profilelist, and select the subscriber management profile you created.The subscriber management profile linked to the session creation for server side is attached to the virtual server here.
The Subscriber Management profile controls session creation for traffic that originates on the server side.