Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.0.1, 15.0.0, 14.1.0
Inserting Content in to HTML Pages
Overview: Inserting content into HTML pages
- To insert tailor made ads to certain subscribers based on profiles.
- For sending alerts to the subscriber when the usage quota is reached.
- For periodically sending the subscriber usage statistics.
- If the content needs to be inserted once per subscriber.
- Periodic insertions into the transactions, which matches the criteria. (You can configure the periodic timer.)
- Insertion in all the transactions matching the action.
insertion for policy action
- On the Main tab, click.The Policies screen opens.
- Click the name of the enforcement policy you want to add rules to.The properties screen for the policy opens.
- In the Policy Rules area, clickAdd.The New Rule screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a name for the rule.
- In thePrecedencefield, type an integer that indicates the precedence for the rule in relation to the other rules. Number 1 has the highest precedence. Rules with higher precedence are evaluated before other rules with lower precedence.All rules in a policy are run concurrently. Precedence takes effect when there are conflicting rules. The conflict occurs when the traffic matches two rules and the policy actions from these rules differ. For example, if you have rule 1 with precedence 10 andGate Statusdisabled for a search engine, and you have rule 2 with precedence 11 andGate Statusenabled, then rule 1 is processed first because it has higher precedence. Rules conflict if they have identical or overlapping classification criteria (for the traffic that matches more than one rule). In some cases, different policy actions are not conflicting, and hence, applied in parallel.
- Use the Classification, URL, Flow, and Custom Criteria tabs to identify the traffic that you want to be affected by this rule.
- From theInsert Contentlist, selectEnabled, to modify the content insertion.The BIG-IP system does not allow matching tags that are inserted, by insert action, on a given flow.More content insertion configuration options display.
- To insert content, select the action you want to implement.
- From thePositionlist, selectBeforeto prepend (opening and closing) the HTTP tag. Specify the tag name from theHTTP Taglist.
- From thePositionlist, selectAfterto append (opening and closing) the HTTP tag. Specify the tag name from theHTTP Taglist.
- In theTypefield, type the string that defines the content, or the TCL script, which can be later attached to a policy enforcement rule.HTTP::header replace Server \"Nginx\"There can be two iRule events:
PEM::policy initialandPEM::policy name. You can select theWrap Textcheck box to wrap the definition text, and select theExtend Text Areacheck box to increase the field space of format scripts.
- PEM_POLICYis triggered when a policy evaluation occurs.
- RULE_INITruns the first time the iRule is loaded or has changed.
- From theFrequencylist, select a frequency type.
- SelectAlwaysto insert content in each transaction.
- SelectOnceto insert content once per action.
- SelectOnce Everyto insert content once per designated time period, in seconds.
- On the Main tab, click.The Global Options screen opens.
- For theContent Insertion Optionssetting, in theThrottlingfields, type the time used to set the maximum wait time before Policy Enforcement Manager applies the insert action again on the same subscriber.The insert actions do not conflict with each other.