Applies To:Show Versions
High Availability Fail-safe
About system fail-safe
- Reboot the BIG-IP system.
- Restart all system services.
- Go offline.
- Go offline and cancel the TMM service.
- Fail over and restart TMM.
Configure system fail-safe
- On the Main tab, click.The System screen opens.
- In the System Trigger Properties area, for theSwitch Board Failuresetting, select the action that you want the BIG-IP system to take in the event of a switch board component failure.
- If you want to configure a heartbeat failure action for one or more system services, then in the System Services area:
- In the Name column, click a service name.
- From theHeartbeatlist, selectEnabled.
- From theHeartbeat Failure Actionlist, select the action that you want the system to take when the system detects a heartbeat failure for the service.
- Repeat these steps for each service for which you want to configure a heartbeat failure action.
About gateway fail-safe
- The name of the pool.
- The name of a BIG-IP device in a device group (either the local device or any other device group member).
- The minimum number of gateway pool members that must be available to avoid the designated action.
- The action that the BIG-IP system should take when the number of available gateway pool members drops below the designated threshold. The default value isFailover.
Configure gateway fail-safe
- On the Main tab, click.The Gateway screen opens.
- In the Configuration area, for theGateway Poolsetting, select a pool to use as the gateway fail-safe pool.
- For theDevicesetting, select a device name.
- For theThresholdsetting, specify the minimum number of gateway pool members that must be available.The system triggers the gateway fail-safe action if the threshold falls below this value.
- For theActionsetting, select the action that the system takes if the threshold falls below the minimum available members.
About VLAN fail-safe
Configure VLAN fail-safe
- On the Main tab, click.The VLANs screen opens.
- In the Configuration area, for theVLANsetting, select a VLAN.
- For theTimeoutsetting, specify the number of seconds that a system can run without detecting network traffic on this VLAN before it takes the fail-safe action.
- For theActionsetting, select the action that the system takes when it does not detect any traffic on this VLAN.