Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.0.1, 15.0.0
Creating a rate limiting configuration
- On the Main tab, click.
- Click the name of the API protection profile for which you are configuring rate limiting.
- On the Rate Limiting tab, in the Rate Limiting section, clickCreate.The Rate Limiting Properties section opens where you define the rate limiting configuration.
- ForName, type a unique name for the rate limiting configuration.For example, you could name the configurationsPersonalQuotaandDepartmentQuotato establish different quotas for each employee and an entire department.
- ForKeys, move the key (or keys) to which this configuration applies to theSelected Keyslist.
- ForRequest Quota, selectEnableand type the number of requests to allow for 1 - 60 minutes (default is 1 minute) for this API protection profile.In the per-request policy, requests over the quota are sent to the fallback branch.
- ForSpike Arrest, selectEnableand type the number of requests to allow for 1 - 60 seconds (default is 10 seconds) for this API protection profile.In the per-request policy, requests over the spike arrest limit are sent to the fallback branch.
- When you are done developing rating limiting configurations, at the bottom of the screen, clickSave.