Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.0.1, 15.0.0
Developing a whitelist or blacklist for API requests
- On the Main tab, click.
- Click the name of the API protection profile for which you are creating a whiltelist or a blacklist for rate limiting.
- On the Rate Limiting tab, in the Black/White List section, clickCreate.The Rate Limiting Properties section opens where you define the rate limiting configuration.
- ForName, type a name for the blacklist or whitelist.
- ForKey, select the key to which the whitelist or blacklist applies.
- ForType, select the type of list:
- SelectBlacklistto specify key and key values that determine when to reject a request before it affects the quota or the spike. For example, you can identify bad actors for this key in a blacklist.
- SelectWhitelistto specify key and key values that determine when to accept a request without affecting the quota. For example, you can allow system administrators to access the API server without affecting the quota or the spike by adding them to a whitelist.
- ForList Values, type one or more values that identify the API requests to add to the whitelist or blacklist and clickAdd.
- When you are done developing the blacklist and whitelist, at the bottom of the screen, clickSave.