Applies To:Show Versions
Common elements for access categorization and filtering
- To configure a new URL filter, click one of these options.
- Createbutton: Click to start with a URL filter that allows all categories.
- Copylink: Click for an existing URL filter in the table to start with its settings.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the URL filter.
- In theDescriptionfield, type any descriptive text.
- ClickFinished.The screen redisplays. An Associated Categories table displays. It includes each URL category and the filtering action that is currently assigned to it. The table includes a Sub-Category column. Any URL categories that were added by administrators are subcategories withinCustom Categories
- To indicate that you want a user to confirm that access is work-related or otherwise justified before obtaining access to the URLs in a category, select the categories or subcategories and clickConfirm.
- To add URLs to theAssociated URLslist:
These are well-formed URLs:
- In theURLfield, type a URL.You can type a well-formed URL that the system must match exactly or type a URL that includes globbing patterns (wildcards) for the system to match URLs.
- If you typed globbing patterns in theURLfield, select theGlob Pattern Matchcheck box .
- ClickAdd.The URL displays in theAssociated URLslist.
This URL*siterequest.[!comru]includes globbing patterns that match any URL that includessiterequest, except forsiterequest.comorsiterequest.ru.This URL*://siterequest.com/education/*includes globbing patterns that match any HTTP URL that includessiterequest.com/education, but that do not match any HTTPS URLs if Category Lookup specifies that the input is SNI or CN.Subject.For SNI or CN.Subject input, Category Lookup usesscheme:://hostfor matching, instead of matching the whole URL.
- To configure a new application filter, click one of these options.
- Createbutton: Click to start with an application filter that allows access to all application families.
- Copylink: Click for an existing application filter in the table to start with its settings.
- On the Main tab, click.The Overview is available only on a BIG-IP system with an SWG subscription.The Overview screen displays.
- A URL database is available only on a BIG-IP system with an SWG subscription.A Confirm Box action in a per-request policy subroutine serves the purpose of enabling appropriate choices in a forward proxy (outbound) configuration. Currently, Access Policy Manager does not support a similar action for reverse proxy.
- From theDefault Actionlist, retain the default valueBlock; or, select an alternative:AlloworConfirm.If no action has been specified in a filter for this category, the URL Filter agent takes the branch for the default action.