Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.0, 15.0.1, 15.0.0
Create a custom HTTP/2 profile
- On the Main tab, click.
- Type aNamefor the profile, such asmy_http2_profile.
- For theParent Profilesetting, retain the default valuehttp2, or select a different profile.This setting specifies the profile that you want to use as the parent profile. Your new profile inherits all settings and values from the parent profile that you select.
- From theSettingslist, you can selectAdvancedto view the advanced settings.This setting is optional, depending on the settings you want to configure.
- On the far-right side of the screen, select theCustomcheck box.
- In theConcurrent Streams Per Connectionfield, retain or change the numeric value.This setting specifies how many concurrent requests are allowed to be outstanding on a single HTTP/2 connection.
- In theConnection Idle Timeoutfield, retain or change the numeric value.This setting specifies the number of seconds that a connection is idle before the connection is eligible for deletion.
- From theInsert Headerlist, retain the default value ofDisabled, or selectEnabled.This setting specifies whether the BIG-IP system should add an HTTP header to the HTTP request to show that the request was received over HTTP/2.
- In theInsert Header Namefield, retain the default value or, if theInsert Headersetting is enabled, change the header name.This setting specifies the name of the header that the BIG-IP system will add to the HTTP request when theInsert Headeris enabled.
- From theEnforce TLS Requirementslist, ensure thatEnabled. is selected.Enforcing TLS requirements is required for successful HTTP/2 full-proxy deployment.
- FortheActivation Modessetting, retain the default value ofALPN(Application Layer Protocol Negotiation) or selectAlways.This setting specifies the condition that will cause the BIG-IP system to handle an incoming connection as an HTTP/2 connection.
- In theFrame Sizefield, retain the default value of2048, or change the value.This setting specifies the size, in bytes, of the data frames that HTTP/2 will produce.
- In theReceive Windowfield, retain the default numeric value of32, or change the numeric value.This setting specifies, in kilobytes, the size of the receive window for HTTP/2 flow-control.
- In theWrite Sizefield, retain the default numeric value of16384, or change the numeric value.This setting specifies the size, in bytes, of the SSL records that HTTP/2 will produce.
- In theHeader Table Sizefield, retain the default numeric value of4096, or change the numeric value.This setting specifies the table size that the BIG-IP system will use for the compression of headers (unused).
- If you want the BIG-IP system to manage server-side traffic differently from client-side traffic, clickRepeatand create another HTTP/2 profile.