Applies To:Show Versions
Common elements for DNS general config
- On the Main tab, click.The GSLB Load Balancing configuration screen opens.
- On the Main tab, click.The DNS Device configuration screen opens.
- On the Main tab, click.The DNS Cache configuration screen opens.
- On the Main tab, click.The DNS Local Traffic configuration screen opens.
- In the DNS Lookup Server List area, in theAddressfield, type the IP address of the DNS server(s) you want to add.The system uses these DNS servers to validate DNS lookups and resolve host names. Then, clickAdd.If you did not disable DHCP before the first boot of the system, and if the DHCP server provides the information about your local DNS servers, then this field is automatically populated.
- View theDNS Lookup Server Listsettings to determine if any DNS servers have been configured on the BIG-IP system.
- In theMinimum TTLfield, type the minimum number of seconds you want the system to cache DNS resource records.When you configure this setting the system can cache resource records longer than the owner of the records intended.
- In theMaximum TTLfield, type the number of seconds after which you want the system to re-query for resource records.With this setting, the system can re-query for resource records sooner than the owner of the records intended.
- In theEDNS Buffer Sizefield, type the number of bytes you want the system to advertise as the EDNS buffer size in UDP queries.The default value for EDNS is4096bytes.
- For theStatic Persist CIDR (IPv4)setting, type the number of bits that determine the IP address range for IPv4 addresses.The default value is32.
- For theStatic Persist CIDR (IPv6)setting, type the number of bits that determine the IP address range for IPv6 addresses.The default value is128.