Manual Chapter : Configuring DHCP Lease Query in Subscriber Management
Applies To:Show Versions
- 16.0.1, 16.0.0, 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.1, 15.1.0, 15.0.1, 15.0.0
Configuring DHCP Lease Query in Subscriber Management
Overview: Configuring DHCP lease
The F5 Policy Enforcement Manager™ (PEM) obtains DHCP lease information from the DHCP servers, to create new PEM™ sessions. There is support for both IPv4 and IPv6. When data packets arrive at BIG-IP system, PEM also uses DHCP lease query to obtain IP lease information and re-create the PEM sessions.
If BIG-IP system goes through a reboot, all PEM sessions, and related lease and subscriber information are lost.
lease query in subscriber management
To configure the DHCP lease query, you must first create a listener for DHCPv4 discovery virtual. You can do that by going to.
You can enable the DHCP lease query in BIG-IP system in the Subscriber Management profiles screen.
- On the Main tab, click.The Subscriber Management screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Subscriber Management Profile screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the subscriber management profile.
- At the right of the Settings area, select theCustomcheck box, and then selectEnabledfrom theDHCP Lease Querylist to obtain DHCP Lease information.
- From theDHCP Virtual Server Namelist, select the DHCP virtual server that you created.
- ClickFinished.This enables the DHCP Lease Query for the subscriber management profile you created.
- On the Main tab, click.The Date Plane Listeners screen opens.
- ClickAdd Group.The New Virtual Group screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the listener.
- In theDestination Addressfield, type the IP address of the virtual server. For example,10.0.0.1or10.0.0.0/24.When you use an IPv4 address without specifying a prefix, the BIG-IP system automatically uses a/32prefix.You can use a catch-all virtual server (0.0.0.0) to specify all traffic that is delivered to the BIG-IP system. Configure the source and destination setting, during forwarding mode only. In the relay mode, the client does not have an IP address and the DHCP provides the client with an IP address.The system will create a virtual server using the address or network you specify.
- For theService Portsetting, type or select the service port for the virtual server.
- From theVLAN and Tunnel Trafficlist, selectEnabled on. Then, for theVLANs and Tunnelssetting, move the VLAN or VLANs on which you want to allow the virtual servers to share traffic from theAvailablelist to theSelectedlist.
- For theVLANs and Tunnelssetting, move the VLANs and tunnels that you want to monitor for RADIUS traffic from theAvailablelist to theSelectedlist.
- From theSubscriber Management Profilelist, select the subscriber management profile that you created.
- ClickFinished.The Policy Enforcement Manager creates a listener.
You have now configured DHCP Lease Query in the Policy Enforcement Manager.