Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.0.1, 15.0.0
Custom DoS/DDoS attack signatures
Custom DoS/DDoS attack signature options
A unique name identifying the signature object.
Tags are used to classify signatures. You can use tags to filter signature lists. For example, use a tag like Flood to group all flood attack signatures.
Describe the purpose of the signature.
A alternate name for the signature.
Select the check box to indicate that the signature has been reviewed and approved.
Indicates that the signature can be used by other protected objects (virtual servers) and protection profiles. All shareable signatures are accepted on any profile for which signatures are enabled.
One or more match expressions, joined by logical operators, which the system uses to match traffic that is causing a DoS attack. You can edit the predicates (and all properties) of persistent signatures, and view the predicates of dynamic signatures. To add predicates when creating a persistent signature, click Add, select a predicate, specify the match expression, and the value.
Create a custom DoS attack signature
- On the Main tab, click.
- ClickAdd Signaturewithin thePersistentarea.The Properties pane opens on the right.
- Select either Network or DNS from the family list.
- Enter a uniqueSignature Namefor the attack signature.
- Click theTagsicon to define one or more optional search tags.Be sure to pressEnterafter each tag and clickDoneto associate all of the tags with the signature.
- Enter an optionalDescriptionandAlias.
- ClickAddin the Predicates List area.
- Scroll through the Predicates List and select a predicate.
- Select the predicate match expression and value.
- Repeat steps 7 through 9 to add additional predicates.