Applies To:Show Versions
Create an eviction policy
- On the Main tab, click.
- ClickCreate.TheNew Eviction Policyscreen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a name for the eviction policy.
- In theTriggerfields, type a high and low water mark for the eviction policy.This measure specifies the percentage of the quota, for this context, before flow eviction starts (high water mark) and ends (low water mark).
- EnableSlow Flow Monitoringto monitor flows that are considered slow by the system, and specify the slow flow threshold in bytes per second.This combination of settings monitors the system for flows that fall below the slow flow threshold for more than 30 seconds.
- In theGrace Periodfield you can set a grace period, in seconds, between the detection of slow flows that meet the threshold requirement, and purging of slow flows according to theSlow Flow Throttlingsettings.
- In the Slow Flow Throttling area, set the slow flow throttling options.DisabledSlow flows are monitored, but not removed from the system when the threshold requirement is met for 30 seconds.AbsoluteSlow flows are removed from the system when the threshold requirement is met for 30 seconds. Setting an absolute limit removes all slow flows beyond the specified absolute number of flows.PercentSlow flows are removed from the system when the threshold requirement is met for 30 seconds. Setting a percentage limit removes that percentage of slow flows that exceed the specified monitoring setting, so the default value of 100% removes all slow flows that exceed the slow flow threshold, after the grace period.
- ForStrategies, configure the strategies that the eviction policy uses to remove flows by moving algorithms from theAvailablelist to theSelectedlist.