Applies To:Show Versions
Common elements file for password policy configuration
- On the Main tab, click.
- On the menu bar, clickAuthentication.
- From theSecure Password Enforcementlist, selectEnabled.Additional settings appear on the screen.
- For theMinimum LengthandRequired Characterssettings, configure the default values, according to your organization's internal security requirements.
- In thePassword Memoryfield, type the number of passwords that the user cannot re-use. The valid range is from0to127.
- In theMinimum Durationfield, type the minimum number of days before which users cannot change their passwords. The valid range is from0to255.
- In theMaximum Durationfield, type the maximum number of days that a password is valid. Users must change their passwords before the maximum duration is reached.The value of this setting determines when users receive warning messages to change their passwords. If you change the value of this setting, any subsequent warning messages that users receive indicate the previous maximum duration value, rather than the new value. Once a user changes the password, however, subsequent reminder messages show the new value.
- In theExpiration Warningfield, type the number of days before the password expires that the user receives a password expiration warning. The valid range is from1to255.
- In theMaximum Login Failuresfield, specify a number.If the user fails to log in the specified number of times, the user is locked out of the system. Therefore, F5 Networks recommends that you specify a value that allows for a reasonable number of login failures before user lockout.