Applies To:Show Versions
Common elements file for remote role groups
- On the Main tab, click.
- On the menu bar, clickRemote Role Groups.
- In theGroup Namefield, type the group name that is defined on the remote authentication server.An example of a group name isBigIPOperatorsGroup.
- In theLine Orderfield, type a number.This value specifies the order of this access control configuration in the file/config/bigip/auth/remoterolefor the named group. The LDAP and Active Directory servers read this file line by line. The order of the information is important; therefore, F5 Networks recommends that you specify a value of1000for the first line number. This allows you, in the future, to insert lines before the first line.
- In theAttribute Stringfield, type an attribute.An example of an attribute string ismemberOF=cn=BigIPOperatorsGroup,cn=users,dc=dev,dc=net.The BIG-IP system attempts to match this attribute with an attribute on the remote authentication server. On finding a match, the BIG-IP system applies the access control settings defined here to the users in that group. If a match is not found, the system applies the default access control settings to all remotely-stored user accounts (excluding any user account for which access control settings are individually configured).
- From theRemote Accesslist, select a value.EnabledChoose this value if you want to enable remote access for the defined user group.DisabledChoose this value if you want to disable remote access for the defined user group. Note that if you configure multiple instances of this remote role group (one instance for each role-partition pair for the attribute string), then choosing a value ofDisableddisables remote access for all user group members, regardless of the remote role group instance.
- From theAssigned Rolelist, select a user role for the remote user group.
- From thePartition Accesslist, select an administrative partition value.AllChoose this value to give users in the defined group access to their authorized objects in all partitions on the BIG-IP system.partition_nameChoose a specific partition name to give users in the defined group access to that partition only.CommonChoose this value to give users in the defined group access to partitionCommononly.
- From theTerminal Accesslist, select the type of command-line access you want to grant users in the group, if any.