Applies To:Show Versions
Configuring APM for
Overview: Configuring filters for application access
Specifying the default filter action for an application
- On the Main tab, click.The Applications screen displays.
- To view applications, expand an application family.
- To modify the default filter action for an application:
- Click the application name.An Application Properties screen displays.
- From theDefault Filter Actionlist, retain the displayed setting or select another.The options areBlockandAllow.
- ClickUpdate.The Applications screen displays.
- On the Main tab, click.Click the name of any filter to view its settings.Default application filters, such as block-all, allow-all and default, are available. You cannot delete default application filters.The Application Filters screen displays.
- To configure a new application filter, click one of these:
Another screen opens.
- Createbutton - Click to start with an application filter with the default filter action specified for each application.
- Copylink - Click this link for an existing application filter in the table to start with its settings.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the application filter.
- In theDescriptionfield, type any descriptive text.
- ClickFinished.The properties screen displays with an Associated Applications table.
- To block access to particular applications or entire application families, select them and clickBlock.When you select an application family, you also select the related applications. You can expand the application family and clear any applications that are selected.To block any applications that Secure Web Gateway cannot categorize, select the application familyUnknown.
- To allow access to particular applications or entire application families, select them and clickAllow.