Manual Chapter : About Patch Management
Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.1, 15.1.0
About Patch Management
The Patch Management action can check for patch management software on the client system. When this action includes checks for multiple patch management types, if one specified type matches, the action passes, regardless of other conditions that are specified in the action.
The Patch Management action provides the following configuration elements and options:
- Continuously check the result and end the session if it changes
- SpecifiesEnabledorDisabled.WhenEnabled, if the client does not respond for five minutes, the server ends the session.
- Specifies a platform. The default isAny. When a platform is selected, the Vendor ID and Product ID lists update to include the products and vendors that are supported for that platform according to the EPSEC package that is installed on the BIG-IP system.A link to a report that includes the antivirus software that Access Policy Manager currently supports is available on the BIG-IP system Welcome page.
- Vendor ID
- Specifies a vendor ID (from the list of supported vendors) orAny.
- Product ID
- Specifies a product ID (from the list of supported products) orAny.
- Automatic Updates
- Specifies one of these values:
- EnabledWhen selected, the action verifies that patch management software is running on the client system.
- DisabledWhen selected, the action verifies that patch management software is not running on the client system.
- UnspecifiedWhen selected, the action does not perform either verification.
- Specifies a version; when specified, the Patch Management action verifies the version of the software.
- Max Allowed No. of Missing Critical Updates
- Specifies a number; when specified, the action verifies that the number of missing critical updates for the software is less than this number.