Manual Chapter : About the Windows File action
Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.1, 15.1.0
About the Windows File action
A Windows File action can verify the presence of specific files and can verify one or more file properties in situations where doing so increases confidence in the security of the client system. If a file with the described properties exists, the access policy passes the client to the successful branch. If the file does not exist, or a file exists but one or more properties are not correct, the access policy passes the client to the fallback branch.
The Windows File action provides the following configuration elements and options:
- Continuously check the result and end the session if it changes
- SpecifiesEnabledorDisabled.WhenEnabled, if the client does not respond for five minutes, the server ends the session.
- Specifies the file name for which to check; for example,notepad.execan be used to check for Windows Notepad.
- Specifies the MD5 checksum. An MD5 checksum provides easily computable verification of the identity of a file using a cryptographic hash algorithm. The MD5 checksum is a 32-digit hexadecimal value. For example, the checksum for a zero-byte file is alwaysd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.
- Specifies the size of the file in bytes. The default value is0which is the same as not specifying a size; a size of zero (0) is not verified.A zero-byte file is specified with the MD5 checksum for a zero-byte file in theMD5field.
- Specifies the signer for the file. This can be left blank to omit checking for a signer.
- Specifies the file last modified date.The date must be translated first to GMT, and then to a 24-hour clock.
- Specifies the version of the file. This can be left blank to omit checking for a version.
- Version Comparison
- Specifies the version comparison operator:
- =Specifies that the version to check for is the exact version specified in theVersionfield.
- <Specifies that the version to check for is a higher number than the version number specified in theVersionfield.
- >Specifies that the version to check for is a lower number than the version number specified in theVersionfield.