Manual Chapter : Adding an access policy mapping item
Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.1, 15.1.0
Adding an access policy mapping item
Before you start this task, configure an access profile.
Configure an access policy with a mapping action to map resources or variables of one type to another type or value. Each mapping action works differently and assigns different items.
- On the Main tab, click.The Access Profiles (Per-Session Policies) screen opens.
- In the Per-Session Policy column, click theEditlink for the access profile you want to configure.The visual policy editor opens the access policy in a separate screen.
- Click the(+)icon anywhere in the access policy to add a new item.Only an applicable subset of access policy items is available for selection in the visual policy editor for any access profile type.A popup screen opens, listing predefined actions on tabs such as General Purpose, Authentication, and so on.
- Select a mapping action, then clickAdd Item:Maps resources from an Active Directory group to access policy resources.Maps resources from an LDAP group to access policy resources.Allows you to assign predefined or custom variables to attributes, values, text, or expressions.A properties screen opens.
- For the Variable assign action, click theAdd new entrybutton.The AD and LDAP Group Assign actions already include an entry.
- Click theEditlink.
- Configure the settings for the assign action.For the AD or LDAP group resource assign action, type the name of the group, then clickAdd group manually.
- Configure the mapping items.Refer to the specific documentation for each item to map items.
- ClickSave.The properties screen closes and the policy displays.
The access policy is configured with the assignment action you have configured.
Apply Access Policylink to apply and activate your changes to this access policy.
To ensure that logging is configured to meet your requirements, verify the log settings for the access profile.