Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.0, 15.0.1, 15.0.0, 14.1.2, 14.1.0
Load Balancing Access Policy Manager
Overview: Load balancing BIG-IP APM with BIG-IP DNS
- One usage score is based on the BIG-IP system licensed maximum access concurrent sessions and the sum of the current active sessions on all the access profiles configured on the system.
- The other usage score is based on the maximum concurrent user sessions configured on the access profile attached to the virtual server and the current active sessions count on the access profile.
- BIG-IP DNS and APM must be installed and configured.
- Either BIG-IP DNS must be integrated with other BIG-IP systems on a network or BIG-IP LTM must be integrated into a network with BIG-IP DNS.
- The health monitors defined for the BIG-IP DNS and LTM servers must include bigip; otherwise, APM does not calculate virtual server scores and send them to BIG-IP DNS.
Creating a load balancing pool
- On the Main tab, click.The Pool List screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Pool screen opens.
- In the General Properties area, in theNamefield, type a name for the pool.Names must begin with a letter, and can contain only letters, numbers, and the underscore (_) character.The pool name is limited to 63 characters.
- From theTypelist, depending on the type of the system (IPv4 or IPv6), select either anAorAAAApool type.
- In the Configuration area, for theHealth Monitorssetting, in theAvailablelist, select a monitor type, and move the monitor to theSelectedlist.Hold the Shift or Ctrl key to select more than one monitor at a time.
- In the Members area, for theLoad Balancing Methodsettings, select a method that uses virtual server score:
- VS Score - If you select this method, load balancing decisions are based on the virtual server score only.
- Quality of Service - If you select this method, you must configure weights for up to nine measures of service, includingVS Score. Virtual server score then factors into the load balancing decision at the weight you specify.
- For theMember Listsetting, add virtual servers as members of this load balancing pool.The system evaluates the virtual servers (pool members) in the order in which they are listed. A virtual server can belong to more than one pool.
- Select a virtual server from theVirtual Serverlist.
Creating a wide IP for BIG-IP DNS
- On the Main tab, click.The Wide IP List screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Wide IP List screen opens.
- In the General Properties area, in theNamefield, type a name for the wide IP.You can use two different wildcard characters in the wide IP name: asterisk (*) to represent several characters and question mark (?) to represent a single character. This reduces the number of aliases you have to add to the configuration.
- From theTypelist, select a record type for the wide IP.
- In the Pools area, for thePool Listsetting, select the pools that this wide IP uses for load balancing.The system evaluates the pools based on the wide IP load balancing method configured.
- From thePoollist, select a pool.A pool can belong to more than one wide IP.