Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.0, 15.0.1, 15.0.0, 14.1.2, 14.1.0, 14.0.1, 14.0.0
Overview: Configuring the BIG-IP system as a
Layer 2 device with wildcard VLANs
- An interface accepts packets in promiscuous mode, which means there is no packet modification.
- The system bridges both tagged and untagged data.
- Source MAC address learning is disabled.
- Forwarding decisions are based on the ingress interface.
- Neither VLANs nor MAC addresses change.
About memory consumption
- Configure one or more matching virtual servers to handle all traffic.
- If you are unaware of all traffic patterns, configure a wildcard virtual server instead, of type Forwarding (IP) or Performance (Layer 4). This enables the device to perform a connection close operation much more quickly and therefore mitigate high memory consumption.
- Configure a lower threshold for the BigDB variabletm.l2forwardidletimeout.