Applies To:Show Versions
- 15.1.0, 15.0.1, 15.0.0, 14.1.2, 14.1.0, 14.0.1, 14.0.0
Resetting a lost or forgotten root password
- Start the system in single-user mode.Access to the command prompt of the device may take 5-to-10 minutes of boot time, depending on the device type.For platform-specific instructions, refer to one of the following articles:
- For BIG-IP 5000, 7000, 10000, and 12000 series platforms, refer to K14662: Restarting the BIG-IP system in single-user mode (GRUB2)
- For all other platforms, refer to K4178: Restarting the BIG-IP system in single-user mode (GRUB 0.97)
- For Virtual Clustered Multiprocessing (vCMP) guests, refer to K14581: Resetting a lost or forgotten administrative account password on a vCMP guest
- Type the following commands:mount -apasswd root
- When prompted, enter a new password.
- Typeexitorrebootto return to the normal operating mode.