Applies To:Show Versions
Securing Client-Side SMTP Traffic
Overview: Securing client-side SMTP traffic
Creating an SMTPS profile
- On the Main tab, click.The SMTPS profile list screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New SMTPS Profile screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the profile.
- Select theCustomcheck box.
- From theSTARTTLS Activation Modelist, selectRequire.
Create a Client SSL profile
- On the Main tab, click.The Client SSL profile list screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Client SSL Profile screen opens.
- Configure all profile settings as needed.
Creating a virtual server and load-balancing pool
- You use this task to create a virtual server, as well as a default pool of LDAP servers. The virtual server then listens for and applies the configured STARTTLS activation to client-side or server-side LDAP traffic, or both. Part of creating this virtual server is specifying the names of any client-side and server-side LDAP and SSL profiles that you previously created.The Virtual Server List screen opens.
- Click theCreatebutton.The New Virtual Server screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the virtual server.
- In theDestination Address/Maskfield, type an address, as appropriate for your network.The supported format is address/prefix, where the prefix length is in bits. For example, an IPv4 address/prefix is10.0.0.1or10.0.0.0/24, and an IPv6 address/prefix isffe1::0020/64or2001:ed8:77b5:2:10:10:100:42/64. When you use an IPv4 address without specifying a prefix, the BIG-IP system automatically uses a/32prefix.
- In theService Portfield, type389or selectLDAPfrom the list.
- From theConfigurationlist, selectBasic.
- For theSSL Profile (Client)setting, in theAvailablebox, select a profile name, and using the Move button, move the name to theSelectedbox.
- From theClient LDAP Profilelist, select the Client LDAP profile that you previously created.
- From theServer LDAP Profilelist, select the Server LDAP profile that you previously created.
- In the Resources area of the screen, for theDefault Poolsetting, click theCreate (+)button.The New Pool screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the pool.
- In the Resources area, for theNew Memberssetting, select the type of new member you are adding, then type the information in the appropriate fields, and clickAddto add as many pool members as you need.
- ClickFinishedto create the pool.The screen refreshes, and reopens the New Virtual Server screen. The new pool name appears in theDefault Poollist.