Manual Chapter : Checking mobile devices for unsecured OS versions
Applies To:Show Versions
- 17.1.0, 17.0.0, 16.1.3, 16.1.2, 16.1.1, 16.1.0, 16.0.1, 16.0.0, 15.1.8, 15.1.7, 15.1.6, 15.1.5, 15.1.4, 15.1.3, 15.1.2, 15.1.0
Checking mobile devices for unsecured OS versions
Before checking mobile devices for unsecured operating system (OS) versions, you should create a mobile security anti-fraud profile.
OS Security detection is not relevant if MobileSafe SDK 4.0 or a later version is installed on your protected app.
Check mobile devices for unsecured OS versions if you want the system to check the customer's mobile devices for legacy, unsupported, and unpatched OS versions, for both Android and iOS devices.
- On the Main tab, click.The Anti-Fraud Profiles screen opens.
- In the Anti-Fraud Profiles screen, click the mobile security anti-fraud profile in the profiles list.The Anti-Fraud Profile Properties screen opens.
- In the Anti-Fraud Configuration area, clickMobile Security.The list of Mobile Security configuration options appear.
- In the list of Mobile Security configuration options, clickOS Security.The OS Security configuration options appear.
- Select theCustomize Allcheck box.
- Ensure that theEnabledcheck box forOS Securityis selected.
- Click theAddbutton in the Versions List area (for either Android or iOS).An additional row is added to the list.
- In the new row, enter the range of OS versions that you consider to be a security risk, and a score for that range.If MobileSafe detects an OS within this range on the customer's mobile device, the score you add here is added to the scores for Rooting, Jailbreaking, and Application Integrity. If the total score is greater than the alert threshold, an alert is sent to the FPS Dashboard.
- For Android Mobile devices: Enter a value for theUntrusted Application Scoresetting, or use the default value.The system checks whether the Android device allows untrusted applications. If it does, this score is added to the scores for Rooting, Jailbreaking, and Application Integrity. If the total score is greater than the alert threshold, an alert is sent to the FPS Dashboard.
- ClickSave.The anti-fraud profile is updated with the changes you made.