Applies To:Show Versions
- 17.1.0, 17.0.0, 16.1.3, 16.1.2, 16.1.1, 16.1.0, 16.0.1, 16.0.0
BIG-IP DataSafe™profile. In the Engine Updates screen you can choose to download and install an engine update from the Update server when it is available, or perform a manual installation of an engine update from an update file you receive from F5.
Once daily, the BIG-IP system determines if engine updates are available from the Update server. If so, the system notifies you in the status area of the screen.
If you are working with a group of BIG-IP systems that are in a trust domain and an update is performed on one of the BIG-IP systems in that group, all the other systems in that group are simultaneously updated as well.
- On the Main tab, click.
- Choose one of the following delivery modes:
If you set Delivery Mode toManual, theUpload Filesetting appears.
- SelectAutomaticif you want to download and install an engine update from the Update server if it is available.
- SelectManualif you want to perform an engine update from an update file you receive from F5.
Setting Delivery Mode toManualis a temporary setting and only valid as long as you are in the update screen. When you leave the update screen, Delivery Mode reverts back toAutomatic.
- If you set Delivery Mode toManual, at theUpload Filefield click the browse button to upload the engine update file you received from F5 support.
- If you received a notification that updates are available or have uploaded an engine update file that you received from F5 support, click theInstall Updatesbutton to install the update.The engine update takes from 2-4 hours to take effect.
- In addition to the notice that is displayed if the daily update check determines that an update is available, you can also check for available updates by clicking theCheck for Engine Updatesbutton.TheCheck for Engine Updatesbutton is useful in the case where a new update has become available after the daily check was performed. If you click this button and an update is available, you will receive a notification.