Applies To:Show Versions
- 16.0.0, 15.1.0, 15.0.0, 14.1.2, 14.1.0
- 16.0.0, 15.1.1, 15.1.0, 15.0.0, 14.1.2, 14.1.0
Placing BIG-IP DNS in front of a Pool of DNS Servers
Overview: Screening and forwarding non-wide IP traffic to a pool of DNS servers
Creating a pool of local DNS servers
- On the Main tab, click the applicable path.The Pool List screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Pool screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the pool.
- For theHealth Monitorssetting, from theAvailablelist, select the custom DNS monitor you created and move the monitor to theActivelist.
- Using theNew Memberssetting, add each resource that you want to include in the pool:
- (Optional) In theNode Namefield, type a name for the node portion of the pool member.
- In theAddressfield, type an IP address.
- In theService Portfield, type a port number, or select a service name from the list.
- (Optional) In thePriorityfield, type a priority number.
Creating listeners that alert BIG-IP DNS to DNS queries for a pool of DNS servers
- On the Main tab, click.The Listeners List screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The Listeners properties screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the listener.
- For the Destination setting, in theAddressfield, type an IPv4 address on which BIG-IP DNS listens for network traffic.
- From theListenerlist, selectAdvanced.
- For theAddress Translationsetting, select theEnabledcheck box.
- In the Service area, from theProtocollist, selectUDP.
- From theDefault Poollist, select the pool to which this listener forwards DNS queries.