Applies To:Show Versions
- 17.0.0, 16.1.3, 16.1.2, 16.1.1, 16.1.0
Creating a custom address space
- On the Main tab, select.The Address Spaces list appears.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the address space.
- In theDescriptionfield, specify a description of the address space.
- SelectCustomin theTypelist.
- For theIPV4 Address Spaceand theIPV6 Address Space, enter the IP address or network address in theCIDRfield that you want to add to the address space and clickAdd.In CIDR format, the IP address is written as a prefix, and the suffix indicates how many bits are in the address - for example, 126.96.36.199/32. If you add many addresses for split tunneling, Edge Client cannot establish a tunnel connection. The limits for these addresses are:
- Windows max limit is 20 KB (each Network Access property)
- macOS max limit is 64 KB (all Network Access properties)
- Linux max limit is 64 KB (all Network Access properties)
- Mobile clients (Android, iOS, Chrome) do not have a limit but may vary based on the platforms' support
- For theDNS Address Space, type the domain name in the formsite.example.com,*.example.com, or*example.comand clickAdd. To pass all DNS requests to the internal DNS server, specify*. If you do not specify a DNS address space or *, DNS does not work over split tunnels on Windows, macOS, Linux, or iOS. To pass all DNS requests to the internal DNS server, specify *. VPNs on Android devices do not support split tunneling.Wildcard matching occurs as follows:
For DNS Address Space to work properly on a Windows-based system, the DNS Relay Proxy service must be installed and running on the client.
- site.example.commatches only site.example.com. On macOS,site.example.comalso matches<prefix>.site.example.com, for example, a.site.example.com.
- example.commatches only example.com.
- *.example.commatches all<prefix>.example.com addresses, including site.example.com, example.site.example.com, and www.example.com. However, it does not match example.com with no prefix.
- *example.commatches example.com,<prefix>example.com (for example, dnsexample.com) and all<prefix>.example.com addresses, including site.example.com, example.site.example.com, and www.example.com.