Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IP Link Controller
Configuring an Explicit HTTP Proxy
Overview: Configuring an explicit HTTP proxy
About HTTP Proxy
Creating a custom HTTP Proxy Connect
- On the Main tab, click.TheHTTP Proxy Connectprofile list screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New HTTP Proxy Connect Profile screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the profile.
- From theParent Profilelist, retain the default value or select another existing profile of the same type.
- Select theCustomcheck box.
- Select theDefault Statecheck box.
Creating a load balancing pool
- On the Main tab, click.The Pool List screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Pool screen opens.
- In the General Properties area, in theNamefield, type a name for the pool.Names must begin with a letter, and can contain only letters, numbers, and the underscore (_) character.The pool name is limited to 63 characters.
- From theTypelist, depending on the type of the system (IPv4 or IPv6), select either anAorAAAApool type.
- In the Configuration area, for theHealth Monitorssetting, in theAvailablelist, select a monitor type, and move the monitor to theSelectedlist.Hold the Shift or Ctrl key to select more than one monitor at a time.
- In the Members area, for theLoad Balancing Methodsettings, select a method that uses virtual server score:
- VS Score - If you select this method, load balancing decisions are based on the virtual server score only.
- Quality of Service - If you select this method, you must configure weights for up to nine measures of service, includingVS Score. Virtual server score then factors into the load balancing decision at the weight you specify.
- For theMember Listsetting, add virtual servers as members of this load balancing pool.The system evaluates the virtual servers (pool members) in the order in which they are listed. A virtual server can belong to more than one pool.
- Select a virtual server from theVirtual Serverlist.
Creating a virtual server for explicit
HTTP proxy connection
- On the Main tab, click.The Virtual Server List screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Virtual Server screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the virtual server.
- For theDestination Address/Masksetting, confirm that theHostbutton is selected, and type the IP address in CIDR format.The supported format is address/prefix, where the prefix length is in bits. For example, an IPv4 address/prefix is10.0.0.1or10.0.0.0/24, and an IPv6 address/prefix isffe1::0020/64or2001:ed8:77b5:2:10:10:100:42/64. When you use an IPv4 address without specifying a prefix, the BIG-IP system automatically uses a/32prefix.The IP address you type must be available and not in the loopback network.
- In theService Portfield:
- If you want to specify a single service port or all ports, confirm that thePortbutton is selected, and type or select a service port.
- If you want to specify multiple ports other than all ports, select thePort Listbutton, and confirm that the port list that you previously created appears in the box.
- From theHTTP Proxy Connect Profilelist, select a profile.
- In the Resources area of the screen, from theDefault Poollist, select the relevant pool name.