Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IP Link Controller
Installing a BIG-IP System Without Changing the IP Network
Overview: Installing a BIG-IP system without changing the IP network
Removing the self IP addresses from the default VLANs
- On the Main tab, click.
- Select the check box for each IP address and VLAN that you want to delete.
Creating a VLAN group
- On the Main tab, click.The VLAN Groups list screen opens.
- From the VLAN Groups menu, choose List.
- ClickCreate.The New VLAN Group screen opens.
- In the General Properties area, in theVLAN Groupfield, type a unique name for the VLAN group.
- For theVLANssetting, from theAvailablefield select theinternalandexternalVLAN names, and click<<to move the VLAN names to theMembersfield.
Creating a self IP for a VLAN group
- On the Main tab, click.
- ClickCreate.The New Self IP screen opens.
- In theIP Addressfield, type a self IP address for the VLAN group. In the example shown, this IP address is10.0.0.6.
- In theNetmaskfield, type the network mask for the specified IP address.For example, you can type255.255.255.0.
- From theVLAN/Tunnellist, select the name of the VLAN group you previously created.
- From thePort Lockdownlist, selectAllow Default.
- ClickFinished.The screen refreshes, and displays the new self IP address.
Creating a pool of web servers
- On the Main tab, click.The Pool List screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Pool screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the pool.
- In the Resources area of the screen, use theNew Memberssetting to add the pool members. In our example, pool members are10.0.0.3:80and10.0.0.4:80.
Creating a virtual server
- On the Main tab, click.The Virtual Server List screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Virtual Server screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the virtual server.
- In theDestination Address/Maskfield:
The supported format is address/prefix, where the prefix length is in bits. For example, an IPv4 address/prefix is10.0.0.1or10.0.0.0/24, and an IPv6 address/prefix isffe1::0020/64or2001:ed8:77b5:2:10:10:100:42/64. When you use an IPv4 address without specifying a prefix, the BIG-IP system automatically uses a/32prefix.The IP address or addresses for this field must be on the same subnet as the external self-IP address.
- If you want to specify a single IP address, confirm that theHostbutton is selected, and type the IP address in CIDR format.
- If you want to specify multiple IP addresses, select theAddress Listbutton, and confirm that the address list that you previously created appears in the box.
- From theService Portlist, select*All Ports.
- In the Resources area of the screen, from theDefault Poollist, select the relevant pool name.