Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IP Link Controller
Load Balancing to IPv6 Nodes
Load balancing to iPv6 nodes
Create a load balancing pool
- On the Main tab, click.The Pool List screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Pool screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the pool.
- For theHealth Monitorssetting, in theAvailablelist, select a monitor type, and click<<to move the monitor to theActivelist.Hold the Shift or Ctrl key to select more than one monitor at a time.
- From theLoad Balancing Methodlist, select how the system distributes traffic to members of this pool.The default isRound Robin.
- For thePriority Group Activationsetting, specify how to handle priority groups:
- SelectDisabledto disable priority groups. This is the default option.
- SelectLess than, and in theAvailable Membersfield type the minimum number of members that must remain available in each priority group in order for traffic to remain confined to that group.
- Using theNew Memberssetting, add each resource that you want to include in the pool:
- (Optional) In theNode Namefield, type a name for the node portion of the pool member.
- In theAddressfield, type an IP address.
- In theService Portfield, type a port number, or select a service name from the list.
- (Optional) In thePriorityfield, type a priority number.
Create a virtual server for IPv6 nodes
- On the Main tab, click.The Virtual Server List screen opens.
- ClickCreate.The New Virtual Server screen opens.
- In theNamefield, type a unique name for the virtual server.
- In theDestination Address/Maskfield, type the IPv6 address in CIDR format.The supported format is address/prefix, where the prefix length is in bits. For example, an IPv6 address/prefix is64:ff9b::/64or2001:ed8:77b5:2::/64.
- In theService Portfield:
- If you want to specify a single service port or all ports, confirm that thePortbutton is selected, and type or select a service port.
- If you want to specify multiple ports other than all ports, select thePort Listbutton, and confirm that the port list that you previously created appears in the box.
- In the Resources area of the screen, from theDefault Poollist, select the name of the pool that contains the IPv6 servers.