Manual Chapter : Managing Network Whitelists in Shared Security
Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Managing Network Whitelists in Shared
About network whitelists
You use network whitelists to define network addresses that are allowed to bypass the checks in a DoS profile. The Network White Lists screen displays the managed BIG-IP® devices that might have network whitelists defined. Click the name of a BIG-IP device to display the network whitelists that are defined. A maximum of 8 network white lists are allowed for each BIG-IP device
Create network whitelist
You create network whitelists to bypass checks in a DoS profile.
- Click the name of the BIG-IP ®device on which to create the network white list.
- In theWhitelist Address Listsetting, select the IP address from which the packet is coming.
- ClickCreateto add a network white list.
- Type aNamefor the network white list, and an optionalDescriptionthat will be useful in your environment.
- In theProtocolsetting, leave the default value,Any, or select the appropriate network protocol.
- In theVLANsetting, leave the default value,Any, select the appropriate VLAN, or selectOtherand provide a VLAN tag number.
- For theAddress Typesetting, specify the type of addresses being handled:SourceorDestination.The properties available change based on your choice.
- In the Source areaAddresssetting, leave the default value,Any, or select the field to the right and provide the address.You can specify IPv4 or IPv6 addresses in CIDR notation as the address. You can specify a source address or destination address, but not both in the same white list entry.
- In the Destination areaAddresssetting, leave the default value,Any, or select the field to the right and provide the address.
- In the Destination areaPortsetting, leave the default value,Any, or select the appropriate port.The system provides the default port number value for each port type when theProtocolis set toTCPorUDP.
- When you are finished, clickOK.
- Save your changes.