Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Managing FQDN Resolvers
About FQDN resolvers
Configuring FQDN resolvers
- Log in to the BIG-IQ® system with your user name and password.
- At the top left of the screen, selectNetwork Securityfrom the BIG-IQ menu.
- ClickPolicy Editor, and then from the list on the left, clickFQDN Resolvers.A list of the FQDN resolvers displays, one listed for each discovered BIG-IP® device.
- Click the name of the BIG-IP device with an FQDN resolver to configure.The FQDN Resolvers - global-fqdn-policy screen opens for that BIG-IP device. Note that the device, name, and partition used by the FQDN resolver cannot be changed.
- If needed, change the minimum refresh interval value in theMin Refresh Intervalfield.By default, the value of theMin Refresh Intervalfield is 60 minutes. The interval is given as the number of minutes, expressed as an integer from 10 to 46080, inclusive.
- Select a DNS resolver from those listed in theDNS Resolverfield.If no DNS resolver is listed, create one and then select it from theDNS Resolverfield. You create DNS resolvers separately by selectingADCfrom the BIG-IQ menu and thenDNS Resolvers. You can have different DNS resolvers for different BIG-IP devices, unless those BIG-IP devices are clustered, in which case the DNS resolver should be the same.
- ClickSaveto save the FQDN resolver changes, or clickSave & Closeto save the FQDN resolver changes and return to the FQDN Resolvers screen.