Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
CE - Alerts, SNMP, and SMTP
- On the left, click.
- At the top of the screen, clickEdit.Default contact information and machine location is pre-populated.
- At the top left of the screen, click theAddbutton.
- In theContact Informationfield, type the name and email address of the person who is responsible for SNMP administration, and in theMachine Locationfield, type the location of the SNMP manager system.These details are for informational purposes only and have no impact on how BIG-IQ Device interfaces with your SNMP manager.
- To download the F5-specific MIBs, click theDownload MIBlink.
- In theAddresses/NetworksandMaskfields, type the IP address and networks and the netmask (if applicable) that the SNMP manager is allowed to access.
- To add another address, click the plus (+) sign.
- From theAccesslist, select an option:
The most secure access level or type takes precedence when there is a conflict. When you set the access level to read/write, and an individual data object has a read-only access type, access to the object remains read-only.
- Read Only- This user can only view the MIB.
- Read/Write- This user can view and modify the MIB.
- In theOIDfield, type the object identifier (OID) you want to associate with this user.
- Click theSave & Closebutton at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
- To add another access record, click the plus (+) sign.
- On the left, click.
- Click theAddbutton at the top of the screen.
- On the left, clickSNMP Traps.
- In theNamefield, type a name for this SNMP trap.
- In theCommunity,Destination, andPortfields, type, respectively, the community name, IP address, and port for the trap destination.
- On the left, clickALERTS & NOTIFICATIONS.
- At the top of the screen, click theSettingsbutton.
- Select theEnabledcheck box next to each alert you want to receive and, if applicable, specify theThreshold.Only SNMP events specified asYesare available for SNMP alerts. BIG-IQ uses SMTP for all other event types.
- On the left, clickEmail Notification Recipients.
- In theNamethe
- In theDescriptionfield, you can type an optional description to help identify this user.
- Select the check box next to each type of notification you want this user to receive an email about.
- To add another email recipient, click+.
- An alert is triggered when a measure persistently exceeds, or drops below, a defined threshold for 5 minutes. You can configure these alert thresholds and disable alerts according to your system needs.