Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Preparing to Upgrade a BIG-IQ System with a 5.2 or 5.3 Data Collection Device Cluster
Tasks to complete before you start the upgrade process
Deploy any staged configuration changes to your managed devices.
Deploy configuration changes you have staged for your devices. When addressing configuration conflicts for each BIG-IP device, F5 recommends you use BIG-IP to override the configuration settings stored on BIG-IQ. Refer to the section titled,
Re-discover devices and re-import services from the user interface.
Decide which disk volume you want to install the upgrade on. You must have at least two volumes to upgrade.
If you don't have two volumes and are upgrading from versions 5.2 or 5.3, refer to:
K17406: Using the tmsh utility to create a new software volume for installing a new image or hotfix on the BIG-IQ systemat: https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K17406. If you are upgrading from version 5.4 or later, you can add the second volume as part of the upgrade.
If you are currently using a self-IP address for device discovery, make a note of that IP address.
You'll need to enter that IP address when you perform setup after you upgrade and reboot the BIG-IQ system.
Upgrade all managed BIG-IP devices to version 12.1 or later
For you to manage BIG-IP devices from BIG-IQ Centralized Management, the BIG-IP devices must be running version 12.1 or later.
BIG-IQ software image from F5 Networks
- Log in to the F5 Downloads site,downloads.f5.com.
- Click theFind a Downloadbutton.
- Click the name of the product line.
- Click the product name,Centralized Management.
- Click the version number you want to download.
- Read the End User Software License agreement and click theI Acceptbutton if you agree with the terms.
- Click the BIG-IQ version<version number>.isofile name that you want to download.
- Click the name of the closest geographical location to you.The software image downloads to your local system.
Upload the latest
version of the software image to the version 5.2 or 5.3 primary BIG-IQ
- At the top of the screen, clickSystem.
- On the left, expand, then clickAvailable Images.The Available Images screen lists the software image files that are available for install on this BIG-IQ.
- Click theUpload Imagebutton.
- Click theChoose Filebutton and go to the location to which you downloaded the image, and click theOpenbutton to upload it to BIG-IQ.
- Click theUploadbutton.The screen refreshes to display the progress of the upload.