Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Completing Post-Upgrade Tasks
Add the secondary
BIG-IQ system to the primary BIG-IQ system
- Log in to primary BIG-IQ system with your administrator user name and password.
- At the top of the screen, clickSystem.
- On the left, clickBIG-IQ HA.
- Click theAdd Secondarybutton.
- In theIP Addressfield, type the discovery address you specified on the BIG-IQ system during setup.This is the same IP address the peers in a high availability confirmation use to communicate.
- Type the administrativeUser nameandPasswordfor the system.
- Type theRoot Passwordfor the system.
- Click theAddbutton to add this device to this high availability configuration.
Upgrade BIG-IQ Version 5.4 applications
- At the top of the screen, selectApplications, then on the left side of the screen click ).The selected application's screen opens.
- At the right, bottom on the screen, clickUpgrade.The Upgrade 5.4 Application screen opens.
- ClickContinueto upgrade the application.
- Once the upgrade is complete, click theNavigate to evaluationlink to deploy the updated application.You can also manually navigate toand select the upgrade evaluation name in the Evaluations area list.The View Evaluation screen opens.
- From the Deployment area in the center of the screen, clickDeploy Now.The upgraded application now appears in the Deployments area list of the Evaluate and Deploy - Local Traffic & Network screen.
- To enable HTTP statistics collection, return to the application properties screen,.After a successful upgrade, aSavebutton replaces theUpgradebutton.
- Click thePropertiesbutton at the center, left side of the screen.
- ClickCONFIGURATIONat the center of the screen.
- In theHTTP Statistics Collectionarea, click theEnablebutton.HTTP statistics collection is available only to applications that are managed by BIG-IP version 184.108.40.206 or later.
- Repeat this task for each application that needs upgrading.
What are my
options for re-discovering and re-importing devices?
- When you re-discover and re-import in bulk, all conflicts are resolved the in the same way.
- When you re-discover devices and re-import services manually, you specify how to resolve conflicts on an individual basis.
re-import services in bulk
- At the top of the screen, clickDevices.
- Select the check box next to the devices for which you want to rediscover and reimport services.
- Click theMorebutton and selectRe-discover and Re-import.
- In theNamefield, type a name for this task.
- For all of the Conflict Resolution Policies, we recommend you selectUse BIG-IP, to replace any conflicting shared objects in its working configuration with the objects it's importing from the BIG-IP device.When you selectUse BIG-IPto resolve conflicts, the BIG-IP device used to resolve those conflicts should appear last in the re-import list. If two or more BIG-IP devices contain the same object with different values, only the value in the last imported BIG-IP is used to resolve the conflict for all the BIG-IP devices.
- To create a snapshot of the BIG-IQ configuration before discovering and importing services, select theSnapshotcheck box.Clear this check box if you are adding devices that are in an access group you just created. If you don't, BIG-IQ won't be able to add the device(s).
- Click theCreatebutton at the bottom of the screen.
Re-import and re-discover services individually
- At the top of the screen, clickDevices.
- Click the name of the BIG-IP device you want to re-discover and re-import services for.
- On the left, clickService.
- Select theCreate a snapshot of the current configuration before importingcheck box for each service you want a snapshot of.
- Click theRe-discoverbutton for each service this BIG-IP device is licensed for.BIG-IQ re-discovers the service.
- Click theRe-importbutton for each service this BIG-IP device is licensed for.
- For all of the Conflict Resolution Policies, we recommend you selectUse BIG-IP, to replace any conflicting shared objects in its working configuration with the objects it's importing from the BIG-IP device.
Install the vCenter host root certificate on BIG-IQ after
- From the BIG-IQ system's command line, copy the root certificate from the vCenter host cert/etc/vmware-sso/key/ssoserverRoot.crtfile to the BIG-IQ system's/config/ssl/ssl.crtfile.
- Type this command to create a symbolic link to this certificate using the certificate's hash:ln -s ssoserverRoot.crt `openssl x509 -hash -noout -in ssoserverRoot.crt`.0.
- Type this command to restartgunicorn:bigstart restart gunicorn