Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Preparing to Upgrade
Devices in Your DCD Cluster and the BIG-IQ with Minimal Downtime
BIG-IQ software image from F5 Networks
- Log in to the F5 Downloads site,downloads.f5.com.
- Click theFind a Downloadbutton.
- Click the name of the product line.
- Click the product name,Centralized Management.
- Click the version number you want to download.
- Read the End User Software License agreement and click theI Acceptbutton if you agree with the terms.
- Click the BIG-IQ version<version number>.isofile name that you want to download.
- Click the name of the closest geographical location to you.The software image downloads to your local system.
Upload the BIG-IQ software image
- At the top of the screen, clickSystem.
- On the left click.
- Click theUpload Imagebutton.
- Click theChoose Filebutton and go to the location to which you downloaded the image, and click theOpenbutton to upload it to BIG-IQ.
Confirm that alerts and
events can be sent to an alternative device in a Data Collection Device cluster if one goes off line
- Review the data routing configuration for all of the managed BIG-IP devices that send data to your DCD cluster. If you find a BIG-IP device that is configured to send data to only one device in a DCD cluster, change that configuration before proceeding. Refer to the BIG-IP device documentation onsupport.f5.comfor details on how to configure the BIG-IP device for DCD cluster routing.
- Review the monitoring configuration for all of the managed BIG-IP devices that send data to your DCD cluster. Make sure that each BIG-IP device is configured to send data to an alternate device in the DCD cluster if another device goes offline. If you find a BIG-IP device that is not configured with appropriate monitors, change that configuration before proceeding. Refer to the BIG-IP device documentation onsupport.f5.comfor details on how to configure BIG-IP monitors correctly.