Manual Chapter : Add and activate a standalone registration key on a BIG-IQ connected to the internet (automatic method)
Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Add and activate a standalone registration key on
a BIG-IQ connected to the internet (automatic method)
You must have your base registration key before you can activate it. You get this from F5 Networks, typically in the form of an email. If you do not have a base registration key, contact the F5 Networks sales group (
You can automatically contact the F5 license server for activation if the BIG-IQ system meets these criteria:
- Is connected to the public internet.
- Is able to access theactivate.f5.comsite.
- Existing firewalls allow port 443 to pass through.
You add and activate standalone registration keys to a registration key pool to make them available for assignment to BIG-IP VE devices from BIG-IQ Centralized Management. This gives you the flexibility to assign and revoke licenses as needed for your managed devices, without requiring you to contact F5.
You cannot re-activate (or import) registration keys from currently-active BIG-IP VE licenses. For devices in your network already licensed, contact F5 Support for assistance in transferring them to BIG-IQ for license management. Create a pool for each type of service the registration key is licensed for. It's best not to create a registration pool that contains keys for licenses with different/mixed services.
- On the left, click.
- Click on the name of the registration key pool you want to activate a license for.
- For theActivation Methodsetting, selectAutomatic.
- Click theActivatebutton at the bottom of the screen.
- Review the EULA, and if you agree with the terms, click theAcceptbutton at the bottom of the screen.
If a license or offering fails to activate, the license displays with a yellow triangle next to it in the list. You'll need to reactivate that license and its offerings. For individual offerings, you can add an optional description for identification after activation.