Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
HA Common Elements
- On the left, clickBIG-IQ HA.
- Click theAdd Standbybutton.
- In theIP Addressfield, type the discovery address you want to set up as the standby BIG-IQ.This is the same IP address the peers in a high availability configuration use to communicate.
- Type the administrativeUsernameandPasswordfor the system.
- Type theRoot Passwordfor the system.
- For theFailover setting, select an option for how you want to handle failing over to the standby BIG-IQ if an issue requires it.
For auto fail over to work, you must have the following ports open on the active and standby BIG-IQ as well as the quorum DCD.
- If you want to manually fail BIG-IQ over to the standby BIG-IQ, selectManual Failover.
- If you want BIG-IQ to automatically fail over to the standby BIG-IQ with no intervention from you, selectAuto Failover.
- TCP port 2224
- UDP port 5404
- UDP port 5405
- For auto failover, you must associate a quorum DCD. If you do not have a DCD set up, click theSet Up Quorum Devicebutton to specify the DCD you want to use. If you've already have a Quorum DCD for auto failover, select it from the list and type itsRoot Password.
- If you do not have a DCD set up, click theSet Up Quorum Devicebutton to specify the DCD you want to use.
- you already have a Quorum DCD for auto failover, select it from the list and type itsRoot Password.
- If you want BIG-IQ to use a floating IP address when automatically failing over to the standby BIG-IQ, select theEnable Floating IPEnablecheck box and type the address.The floating IP address must be on the same network segment as the local management address (interface eth0) of the BIG-IQ systems in the HA configuration, and not any of the discovery addresses (self IP addresses). This does not restrict HA traffic; HA traffic can be on any of the available interfaces.Floating IP addresses are not supported if your BIG-IQ active and standby systems in an HA pair are in a public cloud environment, such as AWS, Azure, or VMware.If you choose not to use a floating IP address and the active BIG-IQ fails over, you'll have to manually redirect your application traffic to the previously-designated standby BIG-IQ, which becomes the active BIG-IQ during failover.
- Click theAddbutton to add this device to this high availability configuration.