Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Completing Post-Upgrade Tasks
Add the Standby BIG-IQ to the Active BIG-IQ
- Log in to active BIG-IQ system with your administrator user name and password.
- At the top of the screen, clickSystem.
- On the left, clickBIG-IQ HA.
- Click theAdd Standbybutton.
- In theIP Addressfield, type the discovery address you want to set up as the standby BIG-IQ.This is the same IP address the peers in a high availability configuration use to communicate.IPv6 short form addresses are not supported.
- Type the local administrativeUsernameandPasswordfor the system.
- Type theRoot Passwordfor the system.
- Click theAddbutton to add this device to this high availability configuration.
Upgrade BIG-IQ Version 5.4 applications
- At the top of the screen, selectApplications, then on the left side of the screen click ).The selected application's screen opens.
- At the right, bottom on the screen, clickUpgrade.The Upgrade 5.4 Application screen opens.
- ClickContinueto upgrade the application.
- Once the upgrade is complete, click theNavigate to evaluationlink to deploy the updated application.You can also manually navigate toand select the upgrade evaluation name in the Evaluations area list.The View Evaluation screen opens.
- From the Deployment area in the center of the screen, clickDeploy Now.The upgraded application now appears in the Deployments area list of the Evaluate and Deploy - Local Traffic & Network screen.
- To enable HTTP statistics collection, return to the application properties screen,.After a successful upgrade, aSavebutton replaces theUpgradebutton.
- Click thePropertiesbutton at the center, left side of the screen.
- ClickCONFIGURATIONat the center of the screen.
- In theHTTP Statistics Collectionarea, click theEnablebutton.HTTP statistics collection is available only to applications that are managed by BIG-IP version 220.127.116.11 or later.
- Repeat this task for each application that needs upgrading.
Run the post upgrade process
- At the top of the screen, clickSystem, then, on the left, clickBIG-IQ DATA COLLECTIONand then selectBIG-IQ Data Collection Devices.The first time you access this screen after performing an upgrade, it triggers a dialog box that prompts you to start the post upgrade processing tasks.
- ClickContinue.The BIG-IQ system is returning the devices in your DCD cluster to their pre-upgrade state. This includes restoring the data snapshot. If you have a substantial amount of data, data snapshot restoration takes an extended amount of time.
- Once the post upgrade processing is complete, clickand confirm that each service you had enabled before the upgrade is still enabled. If there are any services that are not enabled, re-enable them now.
- To activate the services you want to monitor on each DCD, on the BIG-IQ Data Collection Devices screen, in the Services column, clickAdd Services.The Services screen for the data collection device opens.
- For the service you want to add, confirm that theListener Addressspecifies the correct self IP address on the data collection device, and then clickActivate.For Web Application Security, you can resolve insecure connection issues between devices and the Centralized Policy Builder. To establish a secure connection, clickEnableunder the Secure Policy Builder field.When the service is successfully added, theService Statuschanges toActive.
What are my options for re-discovering and re-importing devices?
- When you re-discover and re-import in bulk, all conflicts are resolved the in the same way.
- When you re-discover devices and re-import services manually, you specify how to resolve conflicts on an individual basis.
re-import services in bulk
- At the top of the screen, clickDevices.
- Select the check box next to the devices for which you want to rediscover and reimport services.
- Click theMorebutton and selectRe-discover and Re-import.
- In theNamefield, type a name for this task.
- For all of the Conflict Resolution Policies, we recommend you selectUse BIG-IP, to replace any conflicting shared objects in its working configuration with the objects it's importing from the BIG-IP device.When you selectUse BIG-IPto resolve conflicts, the BIG-IP device used to resolve those conflicts should appear last in the re-import list. If two or more BIG-IP devices contain the same object with different values, only the value in the last imported BIG-IP is used to resolve the conflict for all the BIG-IP devices.
- To create a snapshot of the BIG-IQ configuration before discovering and importing services, select theSnapshotcheck box.Clear this check box if you are adding devices that are in an access group you just created. If you don't, BIG-IQ won't be able to add the device(s).
- Click theCreatebutton at the bottom of the screen.
Re-import and re-discover services individually
- At the top of the screen, clickDevices.
- Click the name of the BIG-IP device you want to re-discover and re-import services for.
- On the left, clickService.
- Select theCreate a snapshot of the current configuration before importingcheck box for each service you want a snapshot of.
- Click theRe-discoverbutton for each service this BIG-IP device is licensed for.BIG-IQ re-discovers the service.
- Click theRe-importbutton for each service this BIG-IP device is licensed for.
- For all of the Conflict Resolution Policies, we recommend you selectUse BIG-IP, to replace any conflicting shared objects in its working configuration with the objects it's importing from the BIG-IP device.
Install the vCenter host root certificate on BIG-IQ after upgrading
- From the BIG-IQ system's command line, copy the root certificate from the vCenter host cert/etc/vmware-sso/key/ssoserverRoot.crtfile to the BIG-IQ system's/config/ssl/ssl.crtfile.
- Type this command to create a symbolic link to this certificate using the certificate's hash:ln -s ssoserverRoot.crt `openssl x509 -hash -noout -in ssoserverRoot.crt`.0.
- Type this command to restartgunicorn:bigstart restart gunicorn
Reconfigure data retention and aggregation settings
- Go to.
- To configure previous retention settings, clickConfigure Retention.Once you complete this step, make sure to clickSave & Close.
- To configure previous aggregation settings, clickConfigure Aggregation.Once you complete this step, make sure to clickSave & Close.