Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
CE file for Modifying event log
- A new current index is created.
- BIG-IP data begins accumulating in the new index.
- The former current index becomes one of the retained indices.
- If the total number of indexes is now larger than the retained index count, the oldest one is dropped.
- On the left, expandBIG-IQ Data Collection Devices.
- Click theSettingsbutton.The Settings screen opens to display the current state of the DCD cluster defined for this BIG-IQ device.
- On the Settings screen, clickLogging Data Collection.The screen displays the settings defined for the services that are configured to send alerts and events to your DCD cluster.
- Specify theRotation Type.
- To chunk your data based on the amount of data:
For example, if you type1000, when the index size reaches 1 GB, it becomes a retained index and new data from your BIG-IP begins accumulating in a new current index. If yourRetained Index Countis set to 10, then the maximum disk space used by these indexes will be approximately 10 GB.
- SelectSize Based
- For theMax Index Size, type the size of the indexes you want to create.
- To chunk your data based on the increments of time:
For example, if you type.5and selectHours, a new index is created every half hour. If yourRetained Index Countis set to 10, then each retained index will contain approximately 5 hours of data.
- Select Time Based
- For theRotation Period, specify a time unit, and type how many of those units you want to comprise indexes you want to create.
- For theRetained Index Count, type the total number of indices you want to store on the DCD.This setting determines the maximum amount of data stored on the DCD. When this limit is reached, the oldest data is truncated or discarded. For example, if you set the number of indices to 10 and each index is 1 GB, then you must have 10 GB of storage available on your DCD.
- Analyze the DCD cluster details listed in the Summary Status area and make sure that the values after upgrade match the values from the health check you performed before the upgrade.
This information provides a fairly detailed overview that describes the DCD cluster you have created to store alerts and event log data.
- Cluster Node Count
- Data Node Count
- Document Count
- ClickSave & Closeto save the indices configuration settings.