Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Creating and Managing Log Filters
Create a new log filter
- From the log screen, click the filter icon at the top right of the screen ( ).
- ClickCreate.The New Filter configuration popup screen opens.
- Type a uniqueFilter Name.
- In the Query Parameters area, add the query information.Adding information to these fields automatically populates theQuery Expressionbox. Refer to the Query expression syntax for log filters to view all query options.
- Once you have the custom filter the way you want it, clickSave & Apply.
Query expression syntax for log filters
- Express elements of the filter query as key value pairs, separated by a colon, such asprofile_name:"MyCurrentProfile".
- Use the following operators within a filter query.OperatorUsage ExampleANDThis:p1 AND bar:(A AND B AND "another value")AND NOTAND NOT qux:errorORname:"this is a name" OR bar:(A OR B OR C)OR NOTOR NOT qux:error*support_id:*123*. This operator can only be used for text fields.
- Enclose values that havespaces within quotation marks, such askey:"two words".
- Query any field for more than one value by enclosing the values with parentheses, such askey:(a b "two words"). In this case, the default operator is OR.
- Only pre-defined values are allowed for fields with a type of multi-value. These values are listed in the Query Parameters area, next to the relevant field.
- In a policy name, you must include the full path to the policy, such as/Common/MyPolicy.
- Values with a type of date can accept valid date formats, such as'Oct 30, 2017 00:00:00'.
- Values of the date range type can accept input in the format of[min_date...max_date], such as'[Oct 30, 2017 00:00:00...Oct 30, 2017 06:00:00]'. The date range might also contain only minimum without maximum, and the reverse, such as'[Oct 30, 2017 00:00:00...]'or'[...Oct 30, 2017 00:00:00]'.
- Values of the numeric range type can accept input in the format of[min...max], such as'[1...100]'. The numeric range might also contain only minimum without maximum, and the reverse, such as'[1...]'or'[...100]'.