Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
- 8.3.0, 8.2.0, 8.1.0, 8.0.0, 7.1.0
Deploying Objects with Resolved Conflicts back to their
How do I deploy my conflict resolution changes?
- Make changes to LTM configuration objects in the silo.
- Evaluate changes to siloed LTM objects.
- Deploy changes from the silo to the managed device.
- Remove the device from the silo.
How do shared objects impact my deployments?
and deploy LTM silo
- At the top of the screen, clickDeployment.
- UnderEVALUATE & DEPLOY, selectLocal Traffic & Network.The screen opens a list of LTM evaluations and deployments that have been created on this device.
- Under Evaluations, clickCreate.The New Evaluation screen opens.
- Select theSiloin which you made the conflict resolution changes.
- Type aNameand an optionalDescriptionfor the evaluation task you are creating.
- Leave theSource,Source Scope, andUnused Objectsfields in their default settings.
- From the Available list under Target Devices, select the devices to which you want to deploy changes, and move them to the Selected list.Because you identified the silo that you are deploying changes from, BIG-IQ lists only the devices that you imported to that silo.
- Click theCreatebutton at the bottom of the screen.The system adds the new evaluation to the list, and analyzes the changes for errors. When the configuration evaluation finishes, you see how many changes or errors the evaluation found.
- Review the evaluation and determine whether you are going to deploy it.
- If there are critical errors, you cannot deploy these changes. In the Critical Errors column, click each error to see what it is, and then go back to where you made the change to fix it.After resolving any critical errors, you can come back and repeat the evaluation.
- If there are verification warnings, you can still deploy your changes, but you will probably want to resolve the warnings first. In the Verification Warnings column, click each warning to see what it is, and then go back to where you made the change to fix it.After resolving any verification warnings, you can come back and repeat the evaluation.
- If there are no critical errors or verification warnings, review the changes by clicking theviewlink.Each change is listed. You can review each one by clicking the name.
- When you finish reviewing the differences, clickCancel.
- Click the name of the evaluation that you just created.The View Evaluation screen opens.
- Scroll down to Deployment, and then for Schedule, clickDeploy Now, and then clickDeployagain to confirm.
Remove device from a silo
- Use the silo to review each conflict between an object on the device you want to manage and an object with that same name that resides on a device that you are already managing.
- Deploy any changes you made to these conflicting objects back to the devices on which they reside.
- At the top of the screen, clickDevices, then, on the left, clickBIG-IP DEVICES.The screen displays the list of devices managed by this BIG-IQ.
- Click the name of the device that you want to remove from a silo to display the device properties screen.
- ForSilo Properties, clickEdit.
- ForTarget Silo, clickDo Not Use a Siloand then clickContinueto start the process.While BIG-IQ removes the device from the silo, you canClosethe pop-up screen and clickCancelto close the properties screen.