Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Managing Change Verifications
About change verifications
- The name of the change verification.
- The status of the change verification.
- When the change verification was created.
- What BIG-IQ system user created the change verification.
- What non-critical and critical errors were encountered during the change verification. If the number of errors is not zero, the number of errors are links that you can click for more detailed error information.
Adding change verifications
- Click.The Change Verifications screen opens.
- In theNamesetting, type a name for the change verification.
- In theDescriptionsetting, type a description of the change verification.
- Specify a source for the change verification.
- SelectWorking Configto use the current working configuration as the source. Be sure that the working configuration does not change while the change verification process is occurring. There could be unexpected results in the verification if other users are editing and changing any part of the current configuration, including address lists, rule lists and so on.
- SelectSnapshotto use a specified snapshot as the source. ClickSelect Snapshotto display the list of available snapshots, click the name of the snapshot to use, and then clickSelect. The selected snapshot is displayed.
- FromAvailable Devices, select one or more devices to verify the source against.
- Choose devices by selecting the check box to the left of each device to use for verification.
- Choose a group of devices by selecting the check box to the left ofView by groupsto display devices organized by group, and then selecting the check box to the left of the group name to choose all devices in that group for verification.
- ClickVerify.The selected source is verified against each selected device and the change verification is shown in a list with the results. If there are errors in the verification, the number of errors are shown as links that can be clicked for more detail.When creating change verifications, you may encounter a critical error dialog box that indicates that an object, such as a logging profile, does not exist on a BIG-IP device. This critical error dialog box also contains aPin Objectbutton. ClickPin Objectto correct the error by pinning the object to the BIG-IP device pinning policy.
Viewing change verification properties
- Click.The Change Verification s screen opens.
- Click the name of a change verification to view the properties, the device used, and the number of errors.If there are errors in the change verification, the number of errors are shown as links that you can click for more detail on the error.
Change verification properties
Name of the change verification.
Optional description of the change verification.
The BIG-IQ system user who performed the change verification.
The name of the snapshot used. If the working configuration was used instead of a snapshot, this field is blank.
The status of the change verification task.
When the change verification process started.
When the change verification process completed.
Name of the BIG-IQ device.
The number of non-critical verification errors. If this number is greater than zero, it is a link which can be clicked to get more details on the errors.
The number of critical errors. If this number is greater than zero, it is a link which can be clicked to get more details on the errors.
The status of the change verification.