Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
- 8.2.0, 8.1.0, 8.0.0, 7.1.0
Deploying Application Services to Your Devices
How do service catalog templates work?
Create and deploy an application service
- At the top of the screen, clickApplications, then, on the left, clickAPPLICATION TEMPLATES.The screen lists the AS3 and service catalog templates defined on this BIG-IQ.
- Under Service Catalog Templates, clickCreate.The Create Service Template screen opens to General Properties.
- Use theApplication NameandDescriptionsettings under Application Properties to identify this application.
- For theTemplate, select the service catalog template you want to use to create this application from.You must use one of these following templates:
- A custom template cloned from either of these two templates.
- Use theApplication Service NameandDescriptionsettings under General Properties to identify the application service.
- ForTraffic Service Environment, selectService Scaling Groupand then select the name of the service scaling group (SSG) to which you want to deploy this application service.
- Specify settings for the ELB that triggers device scaling for this SSG.
The applications you plan to deploy on this SSG determine which ELB listener settings are required. Use the protocol and port appropriate for the template used to create this application. For example if you intend to deploy applications using either theDefault-AWS-f5-HTTPS-WAF-lb-templateor theDefault-AWS-f5-HTTPS-offload-lb-templateyou must add two new listeners:Load Balancer ProtocolLoad Balancer PortInstance ProtocolInstance PortCipherSSL CertificateTCP443TCP443N/AN/ATCP80TCP80N/AN/AEach application you deploy requires its own, dedicated resources. For each application you need:
- ForName of Classic Load Balancer, type the name of the load balancer you created for this application.
- ForListeners, select the protocols and ports that the ELB will use to communicate with the devices in this SSG.
For example, you could deploy an application service (You must use a unique ELB for each SSG to which you deploy application services. AWS does not permit these objects to be shared between SSGs. You can deploy multiple application services to a single SSG, and application services can share an ELB, but only when they deploy to the same SSG.LTM1) to an SSG (SSG1) and use load balancerELB1. You could then deploy a second application (LTM2) toSSG1and (again) useELB1. The application services can share the load balancer because they are on the same SSG. However, if you want to deploy (LTM2) to a different SSG (SSG2), you would have to use a new load balancer (ELB2).For an example of how you would configure two applications on the same SSG: You would need two ELBs, each with its own security group. You could useLoad Balancer Port80for both ELBs, but theInstance Porton one ELB could use1000and the second application could use2000.
- A unique ELB.
- A security group associated with that ELB.
- A virtual server port.
- Determine the objects that you want to deploy in this application service.
- To omit any of the objects defined in this template, click the (X) icon that corresponds to that object.
- To create additional copies of any of the objects defined in this template, click the (+) icon that corresponds to that object.
- For each object that you decide to include in the application service, revise the settings that you need to change.When you specify values for fields that reference other configuration objects, you can select objects that already exist in BIG-IQ configuration. But you can also specify objects that are created when this application service is deployed. These objects that don't yet exist in BIG-IQ configuration, but are created when this application service is deployed are prefixed with a pound sign (#). For example, a template could define a poolMyPool1and a node220.127.116.11. To specify the application service-created object, you select the value prefixed with a pound sign (#) when you select the value for that node. (That option would appear as#18.104.22.168in the example cited here.
- If you are using a custom template, for the Load Balancer settings, type0.0.0.0for both theDestination AddressandDestination Network Mask.
- When you have configured the objects that you want to include in this application service, clickCreate.BIG-IQ creates the application service and deploys it to the SSG you specified.