Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Creating a Device Template for an Azure Cloud
What details are needed in a device template for
Before you create a device template for a service scaling group
- The NTP server and timezone you want the BIG-IP VE devices to use.
- The admin user credentials required to access the devices in the SSG.If you're using local authentication with a password enforcement policy, you'll have to meet the criteria it specifies for the admin account you created for accessing BIG-IP VE devices.
Create a new device template for
- At the top of the screen, clickDevicesthen, on the left, clickDEVICE TEMPLATES.
- Click theCreatebutton.
- Type a nameNameand an optionalDescriptionfor the device template you are creating.
- Select theProviderfor which you are creating this template.The screen updates to display the configuration objects required for the selected provider type. A yellow circle displays next to each object to let you know that you need to provide an initial value.
- Click each object required for the device template you are creating so that you can specify the values appropriate for the devices in your SSG.The table lists the object types that you can configure, along with details about how the SSG uses those details.ObjectThis is where you specify:NotesConfigurationYou can specify a management port for communication between BIG-IQ and the BIG-IP VE devices in the SSG.You must specify port 8443.DNS & NTPDetails about the lookup and NTP server settings and time zone.You must specify an NTP server and time zone so all of the devices in the SSG have the same time reference. This must be a server that has the same time as the managing BIG-IQ system.User accountsThe user name for the devices in a service scaling group.Passwords use at least 8 characters, include both upper and lower case, and include at least one special character. In addition to alphanumeric input, you can use all punctuation characters for the password.The password specified for this account can not include the string "admin."Or, if you are using local authentication and have created a password enforcement policy, the password must meet the criteria specified in the password enforcement policy.