Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
- 8.0.0, 7.1.0
Deploying Application Services to Your Devices
How do service catalog templates work?
Create and deploy an application service
- At the top of the screen, clickApplications, then, on the left, clickAPPLICATION TEMPLATES.The screen lists the AS3 and service catalog templates defined on this BIG-IQ.
- Under Service Catalog Templates, clickCreate.The Create Service Template screen opens to General Properties.
- Use theApplication NameandDescriptionsettings under Application Properties to identify this application.
- For theTemplate Type, select the service catalog template you want to use to create this application from.
- Use theApplication Service NameandDescriptionsettings under General Properties to identify the application service.
- ForTraffic Service Environment, selectService Scaling Groupand then select the name of the service scaling group (SSG) to which you want to deploy this application service.
- Determine the objects that you want to deploy in this application service.
- To omit any of the objects defined in this template, click the (X) icon that corresponds to that object.
- To create additional copies of any of the objects defined in this template, click the (+) icon that corresponds to that object.
- For each object that you decide to include in the application service, revise the settings that you need to change.When you specify values for fields that reference other configuration objects, you can select objects that already exist in BIG-IQ configuration. But you can also specify objects that are created when this application service is deployed. These objects that don't yet exist in BIG-IQ configuration, but are created when this application service is deployed are prefixed with a pound sign (#). For example, a template could define a poolMyPool1and a node126.96.36.199. To specify the application service-created object, you select the value prefixed with a pound sign (#) when you select the value for that node. (That option would appear as#188.8.131.52in the example cited here.
- When you have configured the objects that you want to include in this application service, clickCreate.BIG-IQ creates the application service and deploys it to the SSG you specified.