Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Groups: Common Elements
- On the left, clickDEVICE GROUPS.
- Click theAdd Groupbutton.
- In theNamefield, type the name you want to use to identify this group.You can change this name at any time, after you save this group.
- In theDescriptionfield, type a description for this group.For example,BIG-IP devices located in Seattle.You can change this description at any time, after you save this group.
- For theGroup Typesetting, selectStatic.
- From theParent Grouplist, select the source for the group you are creating.
- For theAvailable in Servicessetting, select the services licensed for this device.If this BIG-IP device is licensed for services you are not managing, you can reduce the number of devices displayed in the BIG-IP inventory by selecting the check box next to only the services you manage. If you are managing all aspects of BIG-IQ, select the check box next to each service running on this BIG-IP device.
- For theGroup Typesetting, selectDynamic Group.
- For theParent Groupsetting, select the static group on which you want to query for results.
- From theHostnamelist, select the device you want included in this group.To add additional devices, click the+sign and select a device from the new list that is displayed.
- From theAvailablelist, select the BIG-IP device(s) you want to add to this group.You can filter on specific groups by selecting a group from the list.
- In theSearch Filterfield, type a term on which you want to filter the group.