Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Mitigate Device Issues During DDoS Attacks
Detecting health issues in BIG-IP devices reporting DDoS attacks
Identify devices with low health managing DDoS attacks
- A BIG-IQ data collection device configured for the BIG-IQ device
- The BIG-IP device located in your network and running a compatible software version
- Statistics collection enabled for managed BIG-IP devices
- AVR provisioned on your BIG-IP devices
- Go to.
- Click the DEVICES area in the summary bar at the top of the screen to display the list of devices with ongoing DoS attacks.
- To filter devices by their current health status, clickCritical,Moderate, orGood.
- To sort the displayed devices by CPU usage, in descending order, click TOP CPU USAGE/STRESS in the DEVICES area.The screen displays the resource usage and performance details for all devices that reported an attack.
- Note both the BIG-IP Hostname and device address so you can adjust the BIG-IP resources, as required.
Device health alerts
Action (if applicable)
There has been a change in one or more of the of BIG-IP device health rule metrics.
One or more of the device resources and/or throughput measurements crossed a defined threshold, which may impact your BIG-IP device's performance.
For SSG devices: Customized rules per service scaling group.
For stand-alone BIG-IP devices: The default-active-device-health rules.
For SSG devices: A critical health status of your BIG-IP device might trigger a scale-out event. Investigate the active alerts for device metrics.
For stand-alone BIG-IP devices: Investigate BIG-IP devices with critical or moderate health to adjust or add resources.