Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Make an urgent DNS deployment
- At the top of the screen, clickDeployment.
- UnderEVALUATE & DEPLOY, selectDNS.The screen opens a list of DNS evaluations and deployments that have been created on this device.
- Under Deployments, clickCreate.The New Deployment screen opens.
- Type a nameNamefor the deployment task you are creating.
- Type a briefDescriptionfor the deployment task you are creating.
- For theSourcesetting, select what you want to deploy.
- To deploy your changes to the managed device, selectCurrent Changes.
- Existing Snapshot, then choose the snapshot you want to use.
- Unused Objectssetting, specify whether you want the system to delete unused objects from the BIG-IP devices that you are deploying changes to.If you do not want the system to delete unused objects:selectKeep Unused Objects.If you want the system to delete objects not referenced (directly or indirectly) by an object:leaveRemove Unused Objects(the default) selected.To understand what an unused object is, consider the following example:AddressList-aandAddressList-b).
Remove Unused Objects(the default) selected, then when you deploy changes to the BIG-IP device,AddressList-bis deleted. If you don’t want it deleted, selectKeep Unused Objects.
- AddressList-ais referenced by a policy that in turn is referenced by a firewall context.
- AddressList-bis not referenced (directly or indirectly) by any objects.
- ForMethod, consider one more time how you want to deploy these changes.
- If you want to review the changes, clickCreate evaluation.
- To make the changes right now, clickDeploy immediately.
- In the Target area, decide how you want to deploy these changes.
- Deploy to Devices. Then move the devices you want from the Available list to the Selected list.
- Deploy to Sync Groups. Then move the sync groups you want from the Available list to the Selected list.
- If you decide you want to remove one of the objects selected for deployment, you can select it and then clickRemove.
- ClickDeployto start deployment.A confirmation screen notifies you that you are about to trigger a deployment.