Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Make an urgent DNS deployment
- At the top of the screen, clickDeployment.
- UnderEVALUATE & DEPLOY, selectDNS.The screen opens a list of DNS evaluations and deployments that have been created on this device.
- Under Deployments, clickCreate.The New Deployment screen opens.
- Type a nameNamefor the deployment task you are creating.
- Type a briefDescriptionfor the deployment task you are creating.
- For theSourcesetting, select what you want to deploy.
- To deploy your changes to the managed device, selectCurrent Changes.
- To deploy the object settings from a stored snapshot, selectExisting Snapshot, then choose the snapshot you want to use.
- For theUnused Objectssetting, specify whether you want the system to delete unused objects from the BIG-IP devices that you are deploying changes to.If you do not want the system to delete unused objects:selectKeep Unused Objects.If you want the system to delete objects not referenced (directly or indirectly) by an object:leaveRemove Unused Objects(the default) selected.To understand what an unused object is, consider the following example:There are two address lists on the BIG-IP device to which you are about to deploy changes (AddressList-aandAddressList-b).
If you leaveRemove Unused Objects(the default) selected, then when you deploy changes to the BIG-IP device,AddressList-bis deleted. If you don’t want it deleted, selectKeep Unused Objects.
- AddressList-ais referenced by a policy that in turn is referenced by a firewall context.
- AddressList-bis not referenced (directly or indirectly) by any objects.
- ForMethod, consider one more time how you want to deploy these changes.
- If you want to review the changes, clickCreate evaluation.
- To make the changes right now, clickDeploy immediately.
- In the Target area, decide how you want to deploy these changes.
- To deploy the changes to specific devices, clickDeploy to Devices. Then move the devices you want from the Available list to the Selected list.
- To deploy the changes to all devices in one or more sync groups, clickDeploy to Sync Groups. Then move the sync groups you want from the Available list to the Selected list.
- If you decide you want to remove one of the objects selected for deployment, you can select it and then clickRemove.
- ClickDeployto start deployment.A confirmation screen notifies you that you are about to trigger a deployment.