Applies To:Show Versions
BIG-IQ Centralized Management
Evaluate DNS configuration changes
- At the top of the screen, clickDeployment.
- UnderEVALUATE & DEPLOY, selectDNS.The screen opens a list of DNS evaluations and deployments that have been created on this device.
- Under Evaluations, clickCreate.The New Evaluation screen opens.
- Type aNameand an optionalDescriptionfor the evaluation task you are creating.
- Type a briefDescriptionfor the evaluation task you are creating.
- For theSource, select what you want to evaluate.
- When you want to compare the object settings currently on the managed device with the object settings in the pending version, selectCurrent Changes.
- When you want to compare the object settings currently on the managed device with the object settings in a stored snapshot, selectExisting Snapshot, then choose the snapshot you want to use.
- Specify whether you want unused objects to be deleted from the BIG-IP devices to which you are deploying changes. If you do not want unused objects to be deleted, selectKeep Unused Objects.To understand what an unused object is, consider the following example:There are two address lists on the BIG-IP device to which you are about to deploy changes (AddressList-aandAddressList-b).
If you leaveRemove Unused Objects(the default) selected, then when you deploy changes to the BIG-IP device,AddressList-bis deleted. If you don’t want it deleted, selectKeep Unused Objects.
- AddressList-ais referenced by a policy that is in turn referenced by a firewall context.
- AddressList-bis not referenced (directly or indirectly) by any objects.
- In the Target area, specify how you want to deploy these changes.
- To deploy the changes to specific devices, clickDeploy to Devices. Then move the devices you want from theAvailablelist to theSelectedlist.
- To deploy the changes to all devices in one or more sync groups, clickDeploy to Sync Groups. Then move the sync groups you want from theAvailablelist to theSelectedlist.
- If you decide you want to remove one of the objects selected for deployment, you can select it and then clickRemove.
- Click theCreatebutton at the bottom of the screen.The system adds the new evaluation to the list, and analyzes the changes for errors. When the configuration evaluation finishes, you see how many changes or errors the evaluation found.
- Review the evaluation to determine whether you are going to deploy it.
- If there are critical errors, you cannot deploy these changes. In the Critical Errors column, click each error to see what it is, and then go back to where you made the change to fix it.After resolving any critical errors, you can come back and repeat the evaluation.
- If there are verification warnings, you can still deploy your changes, but you will probably want to resolve the warnings first. In the Verification Warnings column, click each warning to see what it is, and then go back to where you made the change to fix it.After resolving any verification warnings, you can come back and repeat the evaluation.
- If there are no critical errors or verification warnings, review the changes by clicking theviewlink.Each change is listed. You can review each one by clicking the name.When you create an evaluation to deploy an ASM or AFM object that is referenced by a Local Traffic & Network object, it can trigger a verification error. This occurs for a few related object types that require manual intervention before you can deploy objects that reference them. To deploy these objects, you must deploy the related object and the object that references it using the Local Traffic & Network user interface. In some cases, before you deploy, you need to pin the related object to a pinning policy that establishes the relationship between a device and that object.
Managing Object PinninginF5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management: Securityonsupport.f5.com.
- If you get a verification error that requires a Local Traffic & Network deployment, use the partial deployment option to deploy the Local Traffic & Network object. After you complete the partial deployment, you can complete the deployment that triggered the error.
- If you get a verification error with aPin Objectbutton that requires a Local Traffic & Network deployment, click the button to associate the two objects, and then use the partial deployment option to deploy the Local Traffic & Network object. After you complete the partial deployment, you can complete the deployment that triggered the error.
- When you finish reviewing the differences, clickCancel.